Woodford Neighbourhood Plan (NP) – Next Steps (2018…)
- Woodford Neighbourhood Plan (WNP) was submitted to SMBC on 28th September 2018.
- From this stage, the WNP process is a joint one between SMBC, but led by SMBC.
- SMBC publicised the WNP and agreed to progress it to approval.
- SMBC appointed an independent Examiner in consultation with WNF in December 2018.
- Examination of the WNP was completed in April 2019.
- The Examiner’s Report has been received and can be viewed here.
- The WNP has passed all the legislative requirements and has been amended according to the Examiner’s requirements.
- The WNP now has to pass through a series of council meetings before approval at a full council meeting on 4th July 2019. *We are at this stage
- When the WNP is approved, SMBC will select a date and publicise a referendum.
- SMBC will hold the referendum of residents in the Woodford Neighbourhood Area.
- If approved by a majority of residents at the referendum, SMBC will make the WNP and bring it into effect.
The steps in Neighbourhood Planning can be viewed here.